The Schossow Group
September 30, 2021
With each changing season in Denver comes excitement for new or forgotten activities. No season is better at this than the crisp, colorful Colorado fall. Offering old fashion family fun, several local farms open their doors the last weekend in September just before temperatures begin to dip. Children and adults alike can enjoy corn mazes, hay rides, apple cider and of course pumpkin picking!
The Metro Denver area offers several locations to take in all that fall has to offer. Flat Acres Farm, Anderson Farms, Chatfield Botanical Gardens, the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds and The Patch in Elizabeth are a few all within a short drive of Denver.
1. Flat Acres Farm in Parker was voted the best Pumpkin Patch in 2017 and 2018 by the Parker Small Business Excellence Group. Their pumpkin festival runs Wednesday thru Sunday now until October 31st. Geared towards those 10 years of age and younger there are many activities to keep little ones gleaming with joy. If Halloween fright is your favorite, be sure to check out Fright Acres Haunted Attractions located at Flat Acres Farm as well. More info: flatacresfarm.com
2. A family tradition since 1997, Anderson Farms started small and has become a Colorado fall destination in Erie. Their fall festival, terror in the corn, zombie paintball hunt, private campfire sites and pavilion rentals are all operational from September 21 - October 31 every year. The activities and festivities are so numerous at Anderson Farms, you will have a difficult time fitting them all in! More info: andersonfarms.com/attractions/
3. The Pumpkin Festival at Chatfield Botanical Gardens in Littleton is a weekend overflowing with fall fun. Live music, local vendors, pony rides and more make October 8th-10th (Friday- Sunday) an event not to miss. Plenty of parking and being surrounded by the gardens makes this event easy to attend with the whole family. More info: botanicgardens.org/events/special-events/pumpkin-festival
4. Arapahoe County Fairgrounds becomes Arapahoe County ‘Scaregrounds’ on Saturday, October 23 for Treat Street, a petting farm, live entertainment, costume contest, pumpkin painting, food trucks, and even an adult beer garden. Tickets are just $5 per person, though admission is free with a costume! More info: arapahoecountyfair.com/p/events/treatstreet
5. Fall Harvest season at The Patch in Elizabeth Colorado includes a 4-acre corn maze, old-fashioned hayride, giant slide and a Bucking Bronco Train to name a few. With over 20 activities included with admission there won’t be a dull moment for any member of the family. Open September 18th thru October 31st Thursday - Sunday. If you are able to make it on a weekend, checkout the Apple Cannons - they are spectacular fun! More info: thepatch.farm
Fall in Colorado is simply hard to beat. Beautifully changing colors, crisp mountain air and family operated farms brining simple fun to the community makes for a fantastic season. As one of the few states that has Fall Break for students, these activities and those provided by local recreation centers offer learning opportunities in addition to traditional fall fun for all Colorado residents.
Tickets for all these events can be purchased online and in advance. So, grab your favorite fall drink and get to planning your best fall season yet!
More from the Schossow Group:
Pumpkin patch photo at top via botanicgardens.org.
Contact us to schedule a private showing of any Colorado home on the market.
Curious about the market or actively looking? You can browse all currently available homes for sale in Colorado on our site. See something you like? We stand ready to assist you seamlessly and efficiently through every stage of the home buying process.
We're one of Colorado's top Real Estate teams...and we'd love to work with you!
The Schossow Group prides themselves on their combined experience and knowledge, and always work to demonstrate their integrity and honesty. That is their mission, and it is essential to their success. Together, the group builds upon one another’s skills to provide each client with exceptional outcomes in every step of the home buying, building, and selling process. Our team is passionate and equipped to get you the most for your home and achieve the level of satisfaction you deserve.