The Schossow Group
November 10, 2022
Above: Santa comes for a ride and visit on The Georgetown Loop Railroad's "Santa’s Rocky Mountain Adventure" (Photo via georgetownlooprr.com)
The holiday season is a time of celebration, joy, faith and family. From fireworks and light installations to Santa and stellar local shopping, the Denver Metro celebrates the holiday season in a variety of ways. We at the Schossow Group have compiled a local list of events around town including some of our very own favorites below. Whether you make it to one of the events or all - we hope this time of the year brings you all the delight that only this season can.
1. Trail of Lights at Chatfield - Stroll through the Colorado countryside along a winding path glistening with lights. Features this year include singing Christmas trees, two three-sided light tunnels, illuminated antique and model tractors, a children's play area with synchronized music, and warm holiday food and drink for purchase. November 25, 2022 - January 1, 2023 5-8:30PM
2. Trail of Lights in Castle Pines - Get into the Holiday spirit at the Winter Wonderland events held at The Ridge at Castle Pines. Enjoy walking through the Trail of Lights and don't forget to book your family a reservation for carriage rides to see the beautiful lights displayed on homes near the Ridge on December 17 and 18! Open December 2nd - 18th
3. Zoo Lights at Denver Zoo - One of Denver’s most beloved and popular holiday traditions spans 80 acres with illuminated animal sculptures that swing through trees, jump across lawns, and hide in bushes. The newest installations include enchanting additions like Aurora Borealis, Savannah Sunset, and Electric Jungle. Enjoy nightly ice-carving demonstrations, cozy fire barrels, and festive holiday food and drink! Open December 3rd - January 15th.
Above: Zoo Lights at The Denver Zoo is a staple of Colorado holiday events for the whole family (Photo via denverzoo.org)
4. Holiday Food and Gift Festivals - Two popular festivals full of hundreds of exhibitors and local artisans for arts, crafts, jewelry, clothing, woodcraft, music, photography, toys, Christmas décor and more come to town annually. The Colorado Country Christmas Gift Show comes to the Denver Convention Center November 11-13 and The 36th Annual Holiday Food & Gift Festival returns to Denver on November 18-20 at the National Western Complex.
5. Jingle Jam @ Cherry Hills - Join Cherry Hills Community Church in Highlands Ranch for inside and outside fun for the whole family. Inside will host ice skating, a snowball fight, laser tag, crafts, and Santa photos. Outside will host carriage rides, food trucks and more. A tree lighting of Colorado’s tallest Christmas tree (110 ft) will happen at 6PM. Sunday, December 4th from 4-7PM
6. Mission Hills Fireworks - Join Mission Hills Church in Littleton for a complimentary community event. Hot cocoa and 9 minute fireworks show to kick off the Christmas holiday. Friday, December 23rd from 6:30 - 7:30PM
Above: "A Hudson Christmas" at Hudson Gardens in Littleton. (Photo via hudsongardens.org)
7. Hudson Gardens - A Hudson Christmas is back again this holiday season with a dazzling display of lights. The lighted forest of towering trees will enchant guests of all ages. Open select dates November 25th - December 31st.
8. Christmas at Gaylord Rockies - The annual tradition returns to the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Aurora. The festivities and attractions include snow tubing, gingerbread decorating, breakfast with characters, ice skating, s'mores and more. Perhaps the main draw is ICE! - a wonderland carved by expert artisans out of two million pounds of colorful ice with this year's theme of A Charlie Brown Christmas!™ November 18 - January 1.
9. Local shops for unique gifts - We are so blessed to have a community of business owners and crafters that supply shoppers with an endless array of unique gifts for each person on your list include Curate Mercantile in Centennial, The Barn in Castle Rock and more. We love our local shopping so much, we created a list for last season and it still proves to be a great one!
10. Dine with Santa - From tea to pancakes, cookies to brunch, Santa is a popular guy to dine with! Choose from Castle Rock, Castle Pines and Parker for your reservations with the Big Guy. Select Dates November 25th - December 17th.
11. Georgetown Loop Holiday Trains - Join Santa for a ride on a historic steam engine train through the snowy mountains of Colorado or the lighted forrest. Reserve by the table in the cozy and classy Waldorf Presidential Club Car, Tahoe Executive Club Car, or one of our three Parlor cars. Tickets available select dates November 11th - Christmas Eve, December 24th.
The spirit of this magical season lives in each of us. May you rejoice and renew your holiday spirit this season by stepping out to one of these colorful, cheerful, community building events.
Above: This year's ICE! at the Gaylord features a "wonderland carved by expert artisans out of two million pounds of colorful ice with the story of A Charlie Brown Christmas!™. (Photo via christmasatgaylordrockies.marriott.com)
More from the Schossow Group:
Contact us to schedule a private showing of any Colorado home on the market.
Curious about the market or actively looking? You can browse all currently available homes for sale in Colorado on our site. See something you like? We stand ready to assist you seamlessly and efficiently through every stage of the home buying process.
We're one of Colorado's top Real Estate teams...and we'd love to work with you!
The Schossow Group prides themselves on their combined experience and knowledge, and always work to demonstrate their integrity and honesty. That is their mission, and it is essential to their success. Together, the group builds upon one another’s skills to provide each client with exceptional outcomes in every step of the home buying, building, and selling process. Our team is passionate and equipped to get you the most for your home and achieve the level of satisfaction you deserve.